• Design
  • dad
  • Contact
header
Home > good peeps, horn tootin' > Hart of iron

Hart of iron

July 28th, 2010

Last Sunday, my buddy Hart completed his first-ever Iron Man race. Cheering him on all the way were 40+ of his closest friends and family (a.k.a. The Red Army) dressed in matching t-shirts that I had the honour of designing.

I know Hart through my wonderful friend and his superstar sister Liz, who hired me to do this project — one of the most fun and rewarding jobs I’ve ever done. This is what I came up with:

If you’re wondering about the bare feet, it’s something Hart’s known for… though he did wear footwear for the event. Here are a few photos of his day, taken by his stepdad, Rod MacIvor:

I can’t possibly comprehend what must go into preparing for an event like this — what makes someone even want to undertake it, what sacrifices go into training, how surreal and grueling the day of must be, and how proud one must feel after having done it. Hart did a wonderful job writing about part of his journey here, but as a spectator-from-afar, all I can do is be in awe. I mean 16 hours in a row of anything is nuts, right?

As for the Red Army, here’s a shot of part of the team (apparently, this is only half the group!):

Thanks, Rod, for sharing your photos and generosity.

Thanks, Liz, for bringing me onboard; I only wish I could’ve been there and suited up with y’all.

Thanks, Hart, for being a huge inspiration… and for having fun eyebrows to draw :)

good peeps, horn tootin' , , , ,

1. November 13th, 2019 at 04:25 | #6

Is Dublin a good relocation destination for English expats?
    With the UK living the EU which will cause a large amount of
    problems for the Republic of Ireland. I would say No at the moment.

2. December 6th, 2019 at 10:50 | #7

Digital art is not genuine art? Why perform people state that, it hurts
    my emotions I only do digital artwork! I can’t
    attract with a pencil! When I draw in some recoverable format I recognize I cannot
    control + z and it’s horrifying! You may pull with a pencil, you are simply not utilized to it.
    If you prefer a good riposte, inquire further if
    indeed they have heard about David Hockney, then inquire further what they think about his work both traditional and digital.
    Of program if indeed they have not heard of Hockney, you can securely ignore them.

3. February 12th, 2020 at 19:55 | #8

Legal to own pistol crossbow in NY? I want to know if it’s
    legal to own a 80lb draw weight crossbow in NY State at home.
    Owning weapons will be unlawful Dec 1

4. April 15th, 2020 at 09:32 | #9

How bad is racism towards Asians in Canada? There’s always going to be at least a bit of racism in the background.
    As for those who say there isn’t, they are delusional.
    One incident in 8 years?

5. April 20th, 2020 at 07:16 | #10

bluse mit schluppe stoff stil kurzes brautkleid im 60er jahre stil mit schleife kleiderfreuden k盲the kruse schmuse schnullert眉cher jana gewinnspiel auf facebook ari sunshine unser t盲gliches gift tolle damen taifun anzug hosenanzug gr elegantn铆 styl superdry p谩nsk茅 batohy belt dark modr媒 45342407ai perle钮ov媒 hrnek matka schuhe reebok cl nylon cn5022 bunker blue white sneakers co2 steigrohr bundle 1 1 co2 energizer cr2450 lithium batterie 3v
    thuya modro膷ern谩 barva na 艡asy a http://www.attractedskin.com/kapesn铆膷ek/thuya-modro%c4%8dern%c3%a1-barva-na-%c5%99asy-a

6. April 20th, 2020 at 07:16 | #11

plot damen regenjacke wasserdicht atmungsaktiv 3 in 1 jacke pc st眉rzt beim spielen furmark test die 9 besten bilder von superman rechnung auf englisch pflichtangaben muster vorlage sweatshirt damen 911 pink kleidung clown kost眉m karneval herren t shirt sisit lustige plattenspieler spielzeug appetitliches gr眉n im essbereich bild
    vysok茅 man啪elsk茅 postele on design http://www.efesnahis48.com/vys铆la膷暖/vysok%c3%a9-man%c5%beelsk%c3%a9-postele-on-design

7. April 28th, 2020 at 09:27 | #12

Black and white photos make me feel weird. Do you know what I mean? No.
    Perhaps you’re not familiar with the old style Hollywood glamour portraits.
    They can be quite amazing, I think. http://georgehurrell.com/

8. April 28th, 2020 at 09:40 | #13

I have noticed that the presence of Detrimental Energy Robots (DEROS)
    in public housing. Is it possible to share your experiences?
    State housing has truly gone to rack and ruin given that they made it available to the impoverished.

The one thing worse compared to the DEROs are
    Wired Internally Robotic Organisms (WINOs)

9. May 19th, 2020 at 13:50 | #14

Hello camping enthusiasts, could I use my dry luggage to put my meals in, then keep it
    chilly by keeping it in cool river water? So where I m likely to
    end up being camping for extended periods of time, there
    is a frosty river that flows by, and because I don t have the
    capacity to carry a cooler, I was thinking I could turn my dry bag into a pseudo
    refrigerator for the food that should stay frosty. Provides anybody ever rigged up something of
    keeping their meals… show more I’ll hike usually a number of days into the woods and utilize this method to keep my perishables chilly.
    So mayonaise, egg salad, new eggs, milk, butter, home-canned foods with a
    minimal acid articles, ice cream, sushi.

Comment pages
1 ... 5 6 7
  1. No trackbacks yet.
© 2010 Emily Chen Design & Illustration. All Rights Reserved.