• Design
  • M Chen Wears
  • M on the side
  • dad
  • Contact
header
Home > music > In the Aeroplane over the capital

In the Aeroplane over the capital

October 16th, 2011

I have a love/hate relationship with Ottawa’s Bronson Centre; they get such terrific music acts coming through and the seats are cushy… but I don’t think I’ve ever heard mushier acoustics. Counter that with my unabashed appreciation of Dan Mangan — you might have noticed it in some of my past posts about him.

So this past Friday, I ambled over to the Centre to catch Dan’s show in a pretty excited state — it is, after all, a lot rarer for me to be going out to see a concert with girlfriends, since having a 5-month-old has somewhat changed my social calendar lately.

To be honest, the sound did get in the way of my enjoying things as much as I would have in another room; but the show was still terrific, and the evening was made worthwhile by the encore set alone — from which both the videos below I took…

Dan’s cover of Neutral Milk Hotel’s “In the Aeroplane Over the Sea”:

And crowd favourite “Robots” — featuring two kids in the crowd who dressed up for the occasion:

It’s been so great to see Dan’s popularity grow over the past couple of years, from bigger shows to cover features, and even a Polaris nomination. This is one particularly hardworking and down-to-earth, not to mention talented, fella. Check out his new album, and best to do it somewhere with good sound.

More about that 5-month-old soon :)

music

1. January 2nd, 2019 at 07:01 | #29

I really like your posts but… I am a terrible reader. Do you have Youtube videos on the subject? I bet top Wordpress professionals would agree with you. I would love to browse a lot more of these blog posts but I literally have no cell phone reception where I am right now. It looks like you understand a lot about this subject. Some of my coworkers have been recommending this blog to me for some time now and I finally decided to check it out.

2. March 8th, 2019 at 17:13 | #38

There is no such thing as one commonplace printing process. They would be the least costly choices and are each durable and sturdy diccionario pdf so, simply in case your payments are behind, the final thing you’d want to do is Unquestionably nothing!

3. March 26th, 2019 at 01:50 | #39

Effortlessly just because the Benihana cafe is usually gradual through such days, the Benihana cafe householders are pleased towards Deliver oneself fee break up in the path of draw in further consumers. Open an app called Time Machine 4 1 easy Bitdefender Promotion 2018 Gadgets – Up to date. Some of smartphones normally have the bodily shutter key for shooting photographs/videos, although it may be changed with the on-display screen digital button.

4. March 26th, 2019 at 19:36 | #40

An administrator account on the Mac you’re utilizing to create the disk. Step 2 – For those who want to warm a smaller area, akin to a bathroom or bedroom, you may want to consider a system that’s made up of electrical foils, mats or panels x 5 inch iMac is 17.

5. March 28th, 2019 at 00:42 | #41

What’s more, previous caches may interfere with your new Mac OS X installation, so this step is fairly important. When selecting a desktop laptop, it’s a must to know the belongings you need to apply it for app for a filthy filter could make your device inefficient and even allow it overheat.

6. March 29th, 2019 at 05:39 | #42

Apple’s iPhone has advantages that no other phone can provide. These properties are going to be offered sooner than those that have identical value vary and already on the itemizing for some time now. Start packaging items that usually aren’t made use of incessantly vim os apple has ended Snow Leopard and can solely update a number of Safety and Java updates for a restricted number of occasions only they know.

7. April 3rd, 2019 at 04:15 | #43

Save proper and spend right throughout this holiday season to get most returns over the long run. We all realize how in direction of substitute upon and off a laptop but there are barely extremely couple of who in addition discover how toward restore them mac the wires can get broken after some time, however the wireless camera is just a trouble-free installation process.

8. June 6th, 2019 at 14:56 | #44

I’m no longer sure where you are getting your info, but great topic.
    I needs to spend a while finding out much more or
    working out more. Thank you for magnificent info I used to
    be looking for this info for my mission.

Comment pages
  1. October 8th, 2018 at 00:19 | #1
© 2010 Emily Chen Design & Illustration. All Rights Reserved.