My name is Emily — hullo there!
By day, I run my own graphic design and illustration business (VERY outdated site, so I’ll only plug it once I update it). The rest of my time is divvied amongst a host of different things — designing and printing t-shirts, going to live music shows, fluctuating between jock and artsy, eating good food, surrounding myself with quality peeps, and talking a lot. This blog will hopefully serve a number of purposes but is mainly here as a fun way to record and share my goings-on, and to promote some of the stuff I do.
Things I’m really good at:
- sleep. You name it: falling asleep, doing without it, power-napping, passing out in any vicinity…
- talking to myself. Working for myself means keeping myself company; it’s gotten me into moderately embarassing situations lately, where I end up doing the whole “Uh, did that just come out?”. I thought that only happened on tv. Try working by your lonesome for 5 straight years; weird stuff happens
- apologizing. I think the strict Taiwanese upbringing is largely responsible for this. Unfortunate side effect, but then I also get the incredibly fortunate side effect of unlimited supplies of my Dad’s homemade potstickers. I’m sorry, but obviously, the pros outweigh the cons.
- clicking my heels on both sides. Honestly, I can provide pictorial proof if you don’t believe me.
- dropping EVERYTHING for a Northern Exposure rerun. Best. Show. Ever. Though Six Feet Under is right up there too…
- trying to do too much. Good thing I added “blogging” to my list of activities, since I have just oodles of time to spare. If I can be honest, I don’t remember the last time I felt bored.
- making bulleted lists.
So… please feel free to browse around, poke fun, and comment to your heart’s content (it’ll help me feel like this is worth my time)!
Thanks for stopping by,
Thanks for these loverly shout-outs: